The Level 1 (2 days) training equips prospective site coordinators to plan, develop, operate and evaluate a Christian Women’s Job Corps/Christian Men’s Job Corps ministry. This training is the beginning point of a CWJC/CMJC leader’s journey.
As a result of completing this training, individuals will be able to:
- Articulate the biblical basis for the CWJC/CMJC model.
- List and explain the key elements of a CWJC/CMJC ministry.
- Identify the steps to create and run a CWJC/CMJC ministry site.
- Articulate the purpose and skills necessary for a mentoring relationship in a poverty context.
- Complete a ministry plan for organizing, operating, and evaluating a CWJC/CMJC ministry.
- Complete the online course Getting to Know CWJC/CMJC
- What Every Church Member Should Know About Poverty
Bill Ehlig and Ruby K. Payne, Ph.D.
Highlands, Texas, Aha! Process, Inc., 1999
- When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty without Hurting the Poor and Yourself
Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert
Chicago, IL, Moody Publishers, 2009
Once site coordinators are prepared to develop a site, the site will need to be registered. To receive a link to the form for registration, contact CWJC at email@example.com
When a registered site moves through the development stage (we recommend approximately two years for this) and is prepared to serve participants and recruit volunteers, the site will need to certify.